venerdì 23 agosto 2013

5 tips to be successful in the classroom

 I have been in London for a week so far and here I am ready to post! Teaching here is such an incredible experience! At the moment my class is made up of 14 upper-intermediate students.

I have been planning lessons and having classes and I have come up with some tips you teachers could be interested in.

1) Engage your students - no matter what they are learning (e.g. vocabulary, grammar) the more they have fun the more they will learn.

2) Be prepared - consider your own vocabulary and language awareness. Students rely on you, be ready to answer their questions.

3) Elicit - by conditioning students will be more aware of what they are learning.

 4) Check - don't ask "Do you understand"? (probably no one will tell you the truth) but test. Ask check questions and you will be sure whether they got it or not.

5) Speak little, speak well - give students as much time as possible to speak. Speak just to give them instructions!

I hope these tips will be useful! Bye for now!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento