INTERMEDIATE ADULT STUDENTS (1 hour)
1) Show your students this picture (taken from the story)
3) Ask them to read the title and try to guess what the story is about.
4) Tell your students to read in small groups the first paragraph and ask the following questions:
- Who is the narrator of the story?
- Which words does the ring use to describe itself?
5) Students read the second paragraph and then work in pairs:
7) Let them read the ending. Are they happy with it? My students were quite sad about the end of the story so their homework was re-writing the ending.
This is from my student Carla.
One day, she took me back from the box. I was so happy. She had been pregnant so her finger was too fat for me. Now they had a baby and I was in my place again.
By the way, you can use this story to review comparatives.
Download the e-book you will find other fascinating stories. Hurry up!